Summary of the Application Process:
This application process has three stages. Businesses of all sizes have the opportunity to receive funding and technical assistance for skills development, tailored to their needs.
We are currently in stage one. To receive technical assistance to design your proposal, please submit your letter of interest before Wednesday May 10th 2017 at 8:00 am.
The overall Call for Proposals process is represented graphically below:
The specific stages of the application process are as follows:
Prospective firms, entrepreneurs, or business associations must submit a letter of interest, skills needs assessment questionnaire and proof of registration by Friday June 16th 2017. At the time of eligibility, partnerships do not have to be formed, but the firms may state potential training provider partners. Partnerships between firms/entrepreneurs/business associations and a training provider (or providers) are the only means through which resources can be accessed. Partnerships can take various forms, including:
- At least one privately owned employer registered in T&T and at least one training/education institution (local and/or international)
- Partnerships may include coalition of firms/entrepreneurs/business associations and training institutions
To be deemed eligible, businesses must:
- Must be legally registered in Trinidad and Tobago
- Must be operational for at least ten (10) months
- Must be privately owned
Firms/entrepreneurs/business associations are encouraged to submit their letter of interest and proof of registration even if a training provider partner has not yet been identified.
Your Letter of Interest, Skills Needs Assessment Questionnaire, and Proof of Registration must be either submitted via
Hard copy to:
Global Services Internationalization (GSI) Hub
25 Ramsaran Street Chaguanas Trinidad and Tobago
Soft copy to:
Required documents – Please click on the links below to download:
In the clinics you will receive independent and neutral advice on the following: (i) Identification of opportunities for managerial/ technological upgrades, (ii) Identification of skills gaps limiting these opportunities, (iii) Identification of criteria to select appropriate training provider partners, (iv) Identification of alternatives for skills development, (v) Guidance in the preparation of proposals and required documentation. Once your eligibility has been confirmed, you will be invited to the clinics. If you would like to receive assistance with the design of your proposals, please ensure that your letters of interest have been submitted before Wednesday May 10th 2017 at 8:00 am. Please access the Application Tracker for updated information on the clinics.
The deadline for the submission is Friday 23rd June 2017 at 4:00 pm. Awardees will be contacted to engage in a formal contract. Winning partners must implement the skill development programme outlined in their proposals for a maximum period of 18 months. This phase will only start after the winning partnerships undergo a mandatory workshop on IDB procurement principles and processes.
- Call for Proposals Instruction Document (PDF 232KB)
- Annex I – Relevant IDB policies (PDF 18KB)
- Annex II – Recognized Caribbean and National Awarding Bodies (PDF 33KB)
- Annex III – Proposal Template (Word doc 41KB)
- Annex IV – Indicative Training (PDF 32KB)
- Annex V – Background information on Finishing Schools (PDF 22KB)
- Annex VI – Checklist for Completeness (PDF 19KB)